Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scuses..ex'scuses...

S'cuses (or excuses for those of you who have pledged allegiance to the English language) are kinda like opinions. 

Do you know what they say about opinions? 

 

(Yes everyone has a bellybutton...mine is just hiding, working on that...remember?) 

No, they don't say that opinions are like bellybuttons - but that is a whole lot nicer than what they DO say about opinions... 

But, I'm not here to talk about opinions - I'm here to talk about EXCUSES! 

It seems like no matter who I talk to - everyone has an excuse as to why they CAN'T workout. 

Excuse #1. I don't have time 
Excuse #2. My knees are bad 
Excuse #3. I don't have time 
Excuse #4. I haven't found an exercise I like. 
Excuse #5. I don't have time .... (Do you see a pattern developing here?) 

Look, Im not judging. I have spent the majority of 31 years living on this planet with excuses about why I CAN'T exercise ... and guess where it got me? 

 


"But...but...but...Adrienne.
.. some of my friends are skinny and they never have worked out a day in their lives." Well...are those friends reading weight-loss blogs? Probably not. Are you? Yes. 

I'm writing this blog as much for my own benefit as I am for yours. I can come up with a million reasons why I can't make it to the gym tonight (and I don't have a husband, kids, or a house with a yard to take care of). Everyone has excuses - but they get you no where! 

So, note to self (and anyone else who wants to listen) If you want to look like this: 

 

Then: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment