Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter candy is the spawn of satan at 60% off!

My favorite holiday is Easter. 

I love celebrating what my Savior did for me on the cross and the fact that he rose again so that I can live with him in eternity. It is a holy day, full of celebration, music, family, and friends. 

Easter candy, however, is a different story. I believe that Easter candy was placed on this earth specifically to torture me. 

"Adrienne, you are exaggerating again...stop being a drama diva" (as my mom would call me) 

Let's take a look at the facts, shall we? 

I would like to submit the following pictures into evidence - 

Number 1: 
 

Look at them, all innocent - but no one notices that look in their eyes. You know, that psycho "Im going to hunt you down in your sleep" look. And they multiply like an army just waiting for you to give in to their brain washing. You can't just buy one - Oh, nooooo. You have to buy at least 5 or 6 in a pack. You can't eat just one - Oh, nooooo. You have to eat them ALL at once or else the others get stale and mock you. Peeps are of the devil. 

Number 2: 
 

Do I need to say more?? Talk about psycho eyes!!! When you do give into their lure and start eating the bunny ... it turns into some deranged rabbit missing half an ear or arm - it's creepy. 

Number 3: 
 

This just means that they are reproducing. 

I think I have stated my case. People of the Jury, I think you have no other recourse than to rule in my favor...Thank you. 

Seriously, folks. I do love Easter and back when I ate everything and anything I wanted - the after Easter candy sales were right up there on my list as one of my favorite shopping days of the year. Forget black Friday - give me Easter Candy Sales at Walgreens!!! (My former co-workers can vouch for me on that one) 

Life is about choices. I can choose to give in to temptation every time I walk into a store for the next week and a half (at least) or I can choose to be proud of myself and walk out without the extra baggage. 

I heard someone say this the other day and it really hit me hard. "When making a choice about what you are eating ask yourself, 'Does this make me feel good NOW, or will this make me feel good LATER'? Summer is coming people...when you are in that swimsuit or shorts will you regret the chocolate bunnies that have taken up residence on your thighs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment