Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mission: Find my belly button!

Since I started this journey (years ago) I have always felt like I needed to have a purpose. A mission statement for my weight loss, so to speak. Nothing has ever been motivating enough, important enough, thought provoking enough ... nothing seemed to just make sense - until today. 

During my lunch break I went to the bathroom (as most of us do on our breaks) ... as I was sitting ... you know where ... I looked down at my belly (I know, great mental image ... but Im just trying to tell the story the way it happened). 

I thought to myself, "I can't wait for the day when I see my belly button again." 

You see, my belly button disappeared ... I don't know, maybe in my early 20's - maybe even before that. I never paid much attention to the fact that it was gone - I mean, what did it ever do for me anyway??? Fine, if you want to abandon me - then leave...I won't shed any tears for you!! Good riddance! 

If I don't care about the absence of the button then where did this thought today come from? Suddenly I long to see it again. Im not sure why - other than the fact that I despise what has taken it's place around my mid section. Now, instead of a beautiful belly button - I have a mound. A mound of fat that mocks me when I look at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, that belly button seemed to have more of a place in my life that I never realized I needed. I feel a void. 

So today - I voice my mission statement loud a clear! I will rescue my belly button from the depths of the mound! My mission: Rescue the button! Whatever it takes - I will not rest until it is discovered and takes it's place again right in my middle!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment